Welcome to the Southern California Plumeria Society
We’re a friendly group of plumeria plant enthusiasts based in San Diego, California. We host free meetings, a plumeria cutting sale, a Hawaiian Plumeria Festival and a member’s only Hawaiian luau.
June 9 Meeting
This meeting is free and open to the public
June is our annual workshop meeting where we offer a variety of hands-on and informational sessions. These sessions run concurrently and you’re free to wander among them. This year’s sessions are:
- Seed propagation techniques with Jeff Sharp. Have you ever wanted to grow your own seedling? Jeff will get you going with information and a starter kit.
- Aquaponics for the home gardener with Carl Herzog. It doesn’t take a great deal of money and a large area to be successful with aquaponics. Carl will discuss compact and economical aquaponics techniques.
- Easy haku kupe’e (wrist lei) make and take with Dawn Sullivan. This is an authentic Hawaiian technique as taught by Kumu Hula Leihi’ilani Kirkpatrick of Halau Ka Lei Kukui Hi’ilani in Kauai. We’ll supply the ti leaves and plumeria blooms. Please bring a towel and your own scissors.
Don’t forget to
- Bring a healthy dish to share
- Buy tickets for the raffle table
- Stock up on plumeria supplies and gifts at the retail sales tables